Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Work In Progress

Thank you all for the well wishes with the job situation. It will be good (fingers crossed).

This is what we did over the weekend.
Before

Before


After
After

Still a lot to be done. Notice the ugly brick backsplash is now gone. YEAH! But I do so love the new sink and countertop!

This is my last day off before returning to work for the long stretch. I have managed to make a dinner tonight, it is in the oven. Pot Roast, plain and simple. Actually plain and simple is what I have been striving for in my cooking lately. Not too adventurous. I think part of it is because I would rather be doing this.

Yes I have found a new love, knitting. I learned to knit when I was about 10 but I never really got into it. I liked crochet better because it was quicker and easier (so I thought at the time). Now I am ready to move on to the hipper and trendier knitting. Oh why have I forsaken you for so long my knitting side! What a remarkable stress reliever! And so challenging! This lovely work is the first of a pair of socks. Hand knitted socks! My feet cannot wait to be in these warm beauties!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home