Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Spicy!

I love pasta in just about any form and I love spicy foods. When the two meet, it is heaven in a dish as far as I am concerned. I had my eye on a new Rachael Ray recipe from 2,4,6,8 Great Meals for Couples and Crowds that Rachael calls her Daddy's favorite Birthday Dinner, Jambasta!

I have had a jambalya type pasta dish in a restaurant before and really enjoyed it so I had some high expectations. While not exactly the same as I remember, it is pretty darn close and pretty darn good. I used Barilla Plus Penne, Grandessa Chicken Andouille Sausage, and Muir Glen Diced Fire-Roasted Tomatoes. You have your traditional chopped veggies of garlic, onion, peppers, celery. Add some dried thyme, flour, beer, chicken stock, hot sauce, and your chicken and shrimp. Finish the sauce with a small amount of cream and toss in the pasta. Serve it up in bowls and you have a satisfying meal . By using the Barilla Plus pasta and chicken sausage, I feel less guilty having this dish for the family. One thing I did do differently than the posted recipe was to cook the shrimp separate and use it as a garnish since Chris is allergic to shellfish (poor kid). Let me know if you give this one a try, it will be a repeater here for sure!

Until next time...
Recipes

1 Comments:

  • At 11/11/2006 03:27:00 PM, Blogger Cyndi said…

    Looks good. I have the same problem here - DH is allergic to shellfish, so I either don't cook it or do what you just did. I made the pumpkin bundt cake, but changed it. Check it out!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home