Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

I received this photo in an e-mail today. People are so creative when they carve their pumpkins! Zac did not want to carve any this year and I have been so busy we skipped it. I miss it too! I love carved pumpkins.

I had to work until 5:30 and Trick-or-Treating began here at 5:00! I rushed home and whipped up a quick dinner while waiting for the kids to come to my door. Alas, there just wasn't very many. It has been that way for the last couple years now. I may not put my light on next year.

Anyway, back to dinner. I whipped up some Devilish Sloppy Chicken that is a Rachael Ray recipe she made this weekend. Instead of beef for these sloppys, you use ground chicken. Spice it up with some garlic (to keep the vampires away tonight), smoked paprika, and grill seasoning. Make a mixture of tomato sauce, hot sauce, Worcestershire, brown sugar, and spicy mustard to mix in. Serve on buns and you have a tasty and quick weeknight meal. We had ours with some (gasp!) frozen tater tots to make it less fussy and quick. These were a bit spicy and just a tad salty. I would advise cutting back on the steak seasoning if you decide to make these.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Halloween!

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home