Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Monday, October 23, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZAC!


Today my youngest turned 14. OMG, 2 more years and he will be driving! Somehow I think ADHD and driving should not go together!

We had the celebratory dinner yesterday since Dad has to work every Monday evening. I made one of Zac's favorite meals, Jambalya (ya gotta love a kid who asks for Jambalya!) For the cake I made one posted last week over at Culinary in the Country (Desert). A Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake. This was very good and Zac was happy with the choice of cake. Chocolate and peanut butter are 2 of his favorite things. The chocolate is rich and dark and the peanut butter filling is superb. I was reminded of the old Reese's commercials, "You got peanut butter in my chocolate..." However, Joe's version of the cake looked much better than mine and you can see his here.

Zac is getting treated tonight to another of his favorite meals, Spaghetti with Meat Sauce. He does prefer the homemade marinara for this and since I made some up and froze it, we have it on hand. I just browned up some Hot Italian Sausage for the meat, added the sauce and spaghetti and we called it a meal. He was happy.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home